West Midlands Community Transport Forum
The West Midlands Community Transport Forum was formed in 2010 and it’s membership comprises operators of community transport services across the West Midlands, and Centro.
The roles and responsibilities of the Forum are-
- To develop closer working relationships across all community transport operators in the West Midlands.
- To build on the recommendations of the JMP study of community transport in the West Midlands to create a suitable environment to enable a robust community transport sector across the region to develop and make the case for a range of services that compliment and enhance mainstream public transport.
- To identify and realise opportunities for the design and delivery of new community transport services, taking into account key policy agendas such as personalisation, choice, the environment, regeneration and constraints on public spending.
- To participate in and respond to national, regional and local strategic and policy consultations related to services provided by community transport operators.
- To develop links with commissioners of transport services such as Centro, local authorities, NHS bodies, education and other statutory and third sector organisations to understand future opportunities for community transport operators.
- To contribute to any future opportunities for the development of co-ordinated travel demand centres in the West Midlands.
- To provide input into development of Local Transport Plans and other transport initiatives to develop the role of community transport services and to seek appropriate investment.
- To ensure high quality community transport by identifying best practice and developing common quality standards in service provision relating to staff, vehicles, customer care, training, booking systems, legal standards and use of ICT.
- To map and promote recognition of the sector’s role and to publicise the availability of services to potential users and other stakeholders.
- To produce an annual action plan by November each year and monitor progress against objectives.
16 Summer Lane
E107 Dean Clough
Shencare Community Transport
Tel.fax: 0121 476 1816
Mob: 0788 222 5161
The Old Dairy
West Midlands Special Needs Transport
80 Park Road
Tel 0121 327 8128
Fax 0121 327 9559
Erdington Industrial Park
Tel: (0121) 749 3267
Fax: (0121) 350 0787
Comments or Questions
For comments or questions please complete the online form.