Recruitment and selection is based on the ability to perform the job irrespective of sex, marital status, age, sexual orientation, race, colour, nationality, national origin, ethnic origin, disability or religion.
- The application form is designed so that personal details are separated from skills, knowledge and experience, so that assessment of application forms is based only on job related factors.
- The application forms are assessed in a consistent manner to ensure equal treatment of applicants. An assessment form is used which sets down key job duties, necessary skills, knowledge and experience identified from the Role Profile and Managers Profile (if applicable) against which each application is assessed.
- Each candidate is assessed in a consistent and objective manner in the interview. An interview assessment form is used which sets down key job duties, necessary skills, knowledge and experience identified from the Role Profile and Managers Profile (if applicable) against which each application is assessed. The most appropriate candidate is then selected on an objective basis.
- Interview questions are consistent between candidates and are designed to gather the information necessary from the candidate to assess against the job requirements.
- Tests are used where appropriate to assist in assessing a candidate's ability to perform the job. The tests are designed to assess job related factors only.
- Interview panels include a representative from Human Resources and Shared Services. This is to ensure consistency in approach throughout Centro and to brief/train interviewers on the interview process.
- Referees will be contacted to provide information on specific related questions.