Smart Network Smarter Choices
The £48m Smart Network, Smarter Choices project aims to encourage more sustainable travel for people to jobs, leisure, shopping and education, achieving economic growth in a low-carbon way.
Smart Network, Smarter Choices will introduce many sustainable travel improvements on ten main routes across Birmingham and Solihull, the Black Country and Coventry.
- Birmingham Airport and NEC (A45 Coventry Road)
- South Birmingham Technology Route (linking the Birmingham City Centre Enterprise Zone with Longbridge, Bristol Road and Pershore Road)
- Warwick Road (A41 south)
- North Solihull Regeneration Route (A452 Chester Road )
- Walsall Road (A34 north)
- Black Country West (A4123/A459 between Wolverhampton, Dudley and Quinton)
- A41 Wolverhampton to West Bromwich
- Route 4 between Walsall and Merry Hill
- Connecting Dudley with Birmingham along the A457 Dudley Road
- North Coventry
These physical improvements will be backed by tailored support for local residents, commuters, students and jobseekers to enable them to make smarter, green travel choices.